Abiquiu, Rio Chama Valley Photography Tour/Workshop
$250.00 – $695.00
4 hour half day – $250 – per person.
8 hour day – $450 – per person. This time frame will include travel to chosen locations and shooting with hands on instruction as needed.
12 hour day – $695 per person. This time frame will include travel to chosen locations, shooting with hands on instruction as needed and staying out later for the moon rise or astrophotography, with time in the middle of the day for image review and processing, during lunch.
Year Round – Call 505-501-4880 to reserve a date that suits you for your own personal photo tour.
“I spent a week with Geraint traveling all over New Mexico and Southern Colorado. His skill and patience is amazing. His ability to help me see the beauty around me was well worth the money spent. In addition, he was a great teacher who spent all the time needed in any location to help me see and understand the picture. On my second adventure I was in the area just for the day and he accompanied me to some new sites that were as breath taking as those you see on his website. Geraint’s skill set allows him to be a guide, and instructor, and a teacher all at one time. If you want some one on one instruction and help becoming a better photographer, Geraint is your man.”
–Brad Kaplan, Texas
- Working on location
- Compositions in landscape, architecture
- Exposure, metering
- Interpreting histogram
- Auto settings verses manual
- Depth of field, aperture
- Shutter speed
- Multiple image panoramas
- Image reviews, constructive critiques
- If there is any other an topic you want covered we will address it in the field, so bring along your questions and requests.
Equipment to bring
- Camera, batteries, spare batteries, camera cards, and spare camera cards.
- Supplies are few and far between once we are on location.
- Consider bringing the manual for your particular camera model, hardcopy or online version.
- Tripod – Essential for some trips (I have a tripod for those who want to travel lite)
- Laptop or Tablet – For image review
- Filters – Polarizer, Neutral Density – Essential for some trips
- Bring hats, gloves, sunscreen, hand warmers (spring, fall and winter), sturdy shoes and refillable water bottles.
Pick up points for tours are
- at your Taos, NM hotel, B&B, VRBO, Airbnb,
- your local residence or
- a location in the Taos area that is convenient for you.
- Meeting points for locations outside of Taos can be arranged when reservations are made.